Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mid-Afternoon Coffee

Today for my mid afternoon coffee break, I decided to have some Local Coffee "Coffee Blend".  I got this blend when I was in San Antonio about a month ago during Spring break.  Now this coffee is a blend of beans and they told me it is not a light or dark or medium, I was like okay.  When I opened the bad you can tell it is a light roast.

I used my french press to brew the coffee, I used 21g of coffee and 16 oz of purified water.  I used my Hario Mini Mill to crush my beans, using a coarse setting, now I still think the overall consistency is still not to par, but I can not afford a electric burr grinder.  Brought the water to temperature of 200 f and poured and stirred once and let steep for four minutes.

When I drank it I could notice some floral taste with a light coffee taste at the end, pretty much what I expected for a light roast. All in all a good cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment